Property Immigration Form

Property Inspection Report From UK Immigration

YAB is here to meet your property needs, we have experience assessors who will undertake the necessary inspections and provide a report which can be used to meet the Home Office requirements.  Please note currently this service is only available within South Yorkshire only.  For a limited period we have reduced the cost of the report to £95 plus VAT from £199 plus VAT.

Applying For An Immigration Property Inspection 

When  you make an application to the UK Border Agency for entry clearance into the United Kingdom, you may be requested to obtain an independent assessment of the number of rooms and occupants for the proposed accommodation.

What is a Property Inspection?

People immigrating to the UK from outside the EEC must confirm that the housing they’re moving into will be suitable.

A property assessment is to ensure the property is safe, in a good state of repair and doesn’t pose a health and safety risk. It will also assess whether the property would become overcrowded if any more people were to move in. If the property meets the require standards then we will issue a confirmation letter which can be used as part of a visa application.

Housing Property Standards

When completing the property inspection the following standards are required:

  • the property is safe, in a good state of repair and doesn’t pose a health and safety risk;
  • the property does not share a bathroom or kitchen with another household – unless they are from the same family as the person(s) coming to the UK;
  • the property is owned or occupied exclusively by the sponsor / sponsor’s family (the property is not suitable, if it is shared with members of another family);
  • the property if rented has a copy of a current gas safety certificate (your landlord should provide a copy to you every 12 months);
  • the property has a sufficient number of rooms of adequate sizes so that an assessment can be made as to whether or not the property will become overcrowded if more people were to move in

When and Who Should Apply For An Inspection 

  • you are the sponsor of the person(s) coming to the UK;

Once the inspection has been undertaken the sponsor should include the confirmation letter/report which is provided by YAB as part of the visa application to the UK Border Agency

How To Apply

Fill in our simple online form. Completing this form takes around 5 minutes

 To complete this form you will need:

  • yourself (sponsor/applicant) contact details;
  • the property they intend to live in, including full address.
  • be able to make a £95 plus VAT online payment via Visa Debit, Visa, MasterCard, Maestro and American Express.

After you’ve applied:

If you complete the form and do not meet the conditions we can not refund your payment.

Once we have received the application form we will contact you within 7 working days to arrange a date and time for the inspection.

Following the inspection a confirmation letter will be sent to the sponsor/applicant within 7 working days which will state:.

  • the name(s) of the person(s) seeking entry to the UK;
  • the address of the property inspected;
  • who owns, and who occupies the property
  • how the property is occupied, and by whom;
  • whether the property provided a safe and healthy environment for an potential occupier or visitor at the time of our inspection;
  • whether the property would be statutorily overcrowded by the addition of the person seeking entry to the UK;

This can then be used as part of your visa application.